People returning home should take care of their mental health as well.
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder(PTSD) is common problem seen in people affected by natural disasters. Symptoms of PTSD may not begin immediately. It might even take a couple of months.
Following are some of the symptoms of PTSD..
- Difficulty to remember details of the incident.
- Feeling of fuilt regarding the incident.
- Trouble sleeping, having nightmares about the incident.
- Unusually irritable or aggressive behavior.
- Depression/Suicidal tendencies.
If you notice any of these symptoms in yourself of your loved ones, seek medical help. Contributed by: https://github.com/raeeska