Comment on page
Tips To Claim Insurance
- Toll-free number 18002091415
Special teams have been set up in 14 district alongside officers to offer a special 24-hour assistance.
- Trivandrum - 9482419551
- Kollam - 9496301011
- Palakad - 9447839123
- Thrissur - 9447315770
- Ernakulam - 8075947267
- Kottayam - 9847167946
- Idukki - 9895884618
- Pathanamthitta - 9961993580
- Alappuzha - 9746817205
- Kozhikode - 9496710567
- Wayanad - 9496220783
- Kannur - 9496414055
- Kasargod - 9447951431
- Malappuram - 9446024966
- Mahi - 9447468899
- 24x7 Helpline for Kerala - 8448180966
Regardless of whether you have purchased an insurance from them, PolicyBazaar is offering a 24x7 helpline to assist with the insurance claiming process.
The claims process looks something like this:
- First an intimation of claim by letter or mail will need to be givenimmediately based on which a surveyor will be appointed for assessingthe loss.
- The surveyor need to be provided with all documents like stock register,purchases and sales register, balance sheet, etc.
- The surveyor He will also see if the all items are insured and for the correctvalue.
- Accordingly loss assessment will be done.
- If the amount insured is less than the actual value claim will beproportionately reduced.
- On receipt of survey report, claim will be settled.
- If you have multiple kinds of insurance for different items (vehicleinsurance for vehicles, property insurance for household and posessions, etc)it is recommended that you categorize what item is applicable to which policyand then make a list of items that need to be claimed.
- If your vehicle got submerged in water, take photos of it before towing it toa workshop.
- Take as many photos of your house as you can, so that you can cover differentitems that have been damaged.
- You can use photos of items inside your house before the flood as proof whileaccounting for what has been lost.
- If you have made any purchases online or otherwise have receipts that haven'tbeen washed away, these also help expediate the claims process.
Here's an article from News18 explaining the process to claim an insurance for motor and property categories: https://www.news18.com/news/india/irda-orders-insurance-firms-to-simplify-claims-procedure-for-kerala-flood-victims-heres-all-you-need-to-know-1848407.html. Here is another from The Indian Express.
- Private Insurers have simplified documentation requirement for claims and havesaid that a municipal death certificate, or death dertificate by any competentgovernment authority like local government of Kerala, armed forces, governmenthospitals or police authority will suffice.
- Bajaj Alliance Life has said “Death and disability claims for customers fromthese States will be processed on priority, and the company will make bestefforts to settle maximum claims within 72 hours of claim registration”
- Max Bupa has said they'd ensure all claims from Kerala get immediate attentionand all eligible claims are processed on a cashless basis and on a priority.